As a key member of the Royal Ford team, the Parts Manager brings to life the Royal Treatment experience. This position reports to upper management and is responsible for working attentively in overseeing and managing the Ford Parts Department.
The motivated and results-driven Parts Manager is a leader who is devoted to managing a well run parts department. They are experienced and knowledgeable in all aspects of the parts operation.
The Parts Manager is an excellent communicator and collaborator and is a master at running a profitable and efficient Parts Department. They are well versed in purchasing and inventory control and are constantly setting and achieving goals.
The Parts Manager is responsible for managing and organizing personnel in the Parts Department by training, motivating, counseling and monitoring employees and their activities. As a team player, the Parts Manager strives to develop collaborative relationships throughout the dealership.
This position is focused on upholding and promoting our values and brand standards to create an unparalleled customer experience in the service department
Be Effective in Project Management
· Run a profitable and efficient parts department.
· Order parts and tools as necessary.
· Accomplish objectives through the use of proper purchasing procedures, inventory control, staff utilization, security, pricing, merchandising, displaying, and advertising.
· Act as an investment advisor and profit producer.
· Forecast goals and objectives for the department and strive to meet them.
· Prepare and administer an annual operating budget for the parts department.
· Monitor and adjust inventory to minimize obsolescence.
· Review and analyze actions regularly to determine how to better utilize time and plan more effectively.
· Handle customer complaints immediately and according to the dealership’s guidelines.
Lead Employees in Parts Department
· Hire, train, motivate, counsel, and monitor the performance of all Parts Department employees.
· Direct and schedule the activities of all Parts Department employees.
· Provide technical assistance to Parts Department employees.
Be an Excellent Collaborator
· Work with the Service Manager to ensure a timely turnaround of parts needed for internal jobs.
· Strive for harmony and teamwork with all with all other departments.
· Attend Managers’ meetings.
· Maintain good working relationship with factory/factories.
· Maintain effective employee relations.
Commit to the Ford Brand
· Complete training offered by Ford Canada within manufacturer’s prescribed requirements.
· Ensure that all Parts Department staff members complete the required training within manufacturer’s prescribed requirements.
· Stay up-to-date on the Ford training program.
· Possess strong product knowledge.
· Adhere to and promote Ford Canada’s marketing efforts to maximize Parts, Accessories, and Tires sales
· Possess a strong aptitude of automotive parts and technical/mechanical repairs.
· Be knowledgeable about new features and updates.
· Be a champion for delivering excellent service 100% of the time.
· Actively maintain the cleanliness of personal and team workspaces.
· Maintain a high level of professional appearance.
Develop and Maintain Full Knowledge About the Industry
· Keep up to date with products, accessories, prices and key features of major competitors.
· Understand and comply with federal, provincial, and local regulations that may affect parts sales.
· Must have completed Transport Canada’s training and certification for “Transportation of Dangerous Goods”.
- Strong knowledge of automotive parts and technical/mechanical repairs.
- Strong product knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an upbeat and engaging attitude.
- Excellent verbal communication with a pleasant demeanor.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Organized and an attention to detail with the ability to document customer needs.
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong inventory control knowledge.
- Strong budget management skills.
- Strong purchasing skills.
- Ability to manage customer complaints and to solve difficult problems.
- Results-oriented and accountable.
- Advanced computer skills.
Education & Experience
- Strong product knowledge.
- Strong aptitude of technical/mechanical repairs.
- ADP or other knowledge and experience of Dealer Management Systems
- Experience in an automotive or similar industry’s Parts Department/ Inventory Control is a must
- One (1) year Ford product experience is preferred.
- Automotive dealership experience preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License for province of employment.